Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The End? - Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt.2 Movie Review

1st things 1st I am soooooo sooo sooo sorry this has taken so long we left for vacation on Friday and it has been none stop since then. today however we are taking it EZ in the condo we did 2 really long days in the park and need to rest, but we will be back to it tomorrow.

So the movie review 1st. I hope by now most of you have seen the movie, if not then i am sorry if i ruin anything for you. But hopefully you have read the book because that is most important.  
    Over all I LOVED THE MOVIE. Definitely met all of my expectations even went above and beyond. I had a blast, i went with my girl Chelsey and saw a bunch of friends. I was in the the very first showing the 12:01 showing, its where all the hardcore fans are. There were duels and even a Harry Potter Puppet Pals reenactment by a few people. I took a pillow and had a like 1/2 my theater sign it.    
As the opening credits began I lost all control and the tears began to roll down. the flashes from the 1st movie to catch you back up to where you were, was a great way to transition movies. The time spent in Bill in Flures place was well done, i understood why it had to be brief and why they could not keep it as long as it was in the book, but over all very good. Once in the bank i felt the movie really took form, Hermione being Belitrix was great. Helena Bonahm Carter not being herself was great i give her props. Once inside the vault, the special effects with the cups was some of the coolest i have seen. 
    As the movie went on and we meet Aberforth and get back in to Hogwarts i felt like the trueness and pureness that is Harry Potter, and that what we fell in love with came back to life. And i think it was all do to the presence of being back where it all started in Hogwarts, and there it ended. 
       From the books to the movies, Rowling has taught us an amazing lesson, one we forget all to often; that sometimes people are not always as we see the, and things are not always as they seem. How many of us hated Snape from book 1? How many of us until book 5 asked why did Snape really hate James so much? And then I know for me, I asked why, why would Dumbledore plead with Snape at the end of book 6? And all these questions at some point got answered, but  the full magnitude of them were made clear, at the end... of course.  
"It was always you?" Snape loved... did we ever think that possible? He loved Lilly, and in turn loved Harry to much for him to know, He killed Dumbledore, because Dumbledore told him to, as part of a way to save Harry. Snape saw the almost cruel way that Harry had been raised, raised to at some point die. Snape died, but not before he most honorably let Harry know everything, something Harry had really wanted his whole life. And he got it from the man who he thought he hated most. In that moment in the movie as Snape gave up all, all he had kept hidden, we see, that Snape all along was good, could be trusted, and became our most loved character. And I bawled.
     Someone else who I think deserves notice in this movie, is Neville. From about book 4 we really start to see someone who, who is more and means more than everyone else thinks. We see how close he came to living Harry's life, to being the boy who lived. In book 5 and in the movie Neville says something, that becomes his reality in the end. "Dumbledore's Army is about doing something real." Those who fought in that final in the movie and in the book, were all part of Dumbledore's army, were all fighting for him, for Harry and the world they love, they were fighting for something real. Neville's speech at then end of part 2 was perfect.  Neville, avenged his parents, became a leader, and I am sure his gram was proud. 
    The movie for the most part was faithful to the book, faithful to our hopes, and had a faithful end. Why? Because we have been faithful. We to found a part of us fighting for Harry, for Dumbledore, for Fred, for Neville's parents, for Snape. Look at all we have done in 13 years, We defeated the Stone. We found the Chamber. We freed the Prisoner . We were chosen by the Goblet. We fought along side the Order. We learned from the Prince. And We mastered the Hallows.... We are Harry Potter Generation.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. You summed everything up so well. The part where Snape dies totally shook me and I cried like a baby. I must say though...he became my favorite character after he knocked Lockhart on his bum in book 2...lol.

    I especially love your final paragraph. You remind us of the honor and bravery in ourselves. I, for one, had forgotten about that along the way. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Jessica
    Thank u so much for your comment and thoughts, I think a part of me always knew snape was good, but like harry i was blinded by hatred. And yes that is probably one of the funniest things snape did and i am glad i was able to remind you of what it takes.

    ReplyDelete